Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break




We had a fun spring break just doing what we could in the great state of Arizona! It actually started off a little rocky with trading flu around the family Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! Thankfully we were all feeling much better by Tuesday. I was still pretty weak and tired from my bout of the flu on Monday so Tuesday we kept it simple and went to see the Lorax. The boys absolutely loved it! Such a fun movie :) Wayne also had his first session at the Arizona World of Baseball on Tuesday. For the next four weeks he gets to go there with 4 other members of his baseball team and work with ex-professional baseball players. He is so excited about this!! We're in full swing with the Little League Season and the boys are in heaven!

Wednesday we went for a hike. Lisa, Ashley, Katie and I took all our little ones (minus Katie's twins) to the superstition mountains. We were quite the site with 4 moms, 11 boys, and 2 girls! We thought we were going on an easy kid hike, but I don't think we found it because the trail we were on was all uphill! The kids were such great troopers and everyone had a great time. Like I mentioned


the trail was uphill which meant going back was all down hill. Katie, Dalton, Brett, Bruce and I got left in the dust on the way down while the rest of the kids charged down the hill full speed ahead. Ashley and Lisa headed up that crew and waited for us in the parking lot. I was carrying Bruce in the kid pack that situates the baby in front so I couldn't also carry Brett. In order to speed things up a little bit Katie started alternating between running Dalton and Brett ahead and then coming back for the other one. She was getting quite a workout by repeating this pattern over and over again ;) When we are almost to the bottom of the trail Katie ran Brett ahead and then told him to keep walking. He rounded a corner and when he realized he couldn't see us anymore he sat down and started screaming. (We knew exactly where he was and we were not very far from him, but he didn't realize that). In the meantime a group of older hikers from back East passed by me and Katie and rounded the corner to where Brett was before we did. Brett was expecting to see me and was startled when he saw an old man instead. He looked that old man straight in the eyes and shouted "don't take me!" The quick-witted-old man didn't miss a beat. He said to Brett, "Well I'm not going to take you, but if I were you I would be more concerned about that bear behind you!" Brett immediately stop screaming and turned around in fear to see the bear that he was certain was behind him. When he didn't spot a bear, he realized that the old man was messing with him and that made him even angrier! One of the women hikers that was with the old man punched him in the arm and said, "don't scare that poor baby!" He laughed and said,  "what I got him to stop crying didn't I?! I raised kids. I know how to handle these kind!!" We got a pretty good laugh at that :) 

The excitement didn't end there, however. When I got to the parking lot I realized to Ashley and Lisa were standing by my car laughing. We have Just Dance 3 for the Wii and one of the boys favorite songs to dance to is the EDITED version of "California Girls" by Katy Perry. I thought it was cool that Just Dance 3 edits the lyrics of the songs, but when I got to my car in that parking lot I realize the downside... the boys found the song on the radio while they were waiting for Brett, Bruce and I to make it down the hill. They of course were unknowingly blasting the unedited radio version of that song. I came up to my car to see that Wayne was in the driver seat, slouched down, one hand on 
the wheel with the windows down rocking out. Not to be outdone, Austin was on top of my car (yes, on top!) dancing--using all of his Just Dance 3 moves and more!! My car look like party city! Ashley and Lisa were laughing, shaking their heads,  and glad that it wasn't their kids!! ;)

















Thursday and Friday we got to spend some time at the cabin with my parents. We had a good time enjoying the nice weather, taking hikes, riding in the Polaris and looking for fossils! Luke was certain that he found some dinosaur bones and a tiny fossilized ship from outer space!! The boys also went down to play near the creek and Wayne even got brave enough to go in! It was freezing cold, but he did it anyway! What a nut!!
































No comments:

Post a Comment