And the moment we were all waiting for...Disneyland!! The boys were so excited about the breakfast buffet at the hotel. Donuts, cereal, hot chocolate...what else could a little boy ask for?! So of course we started there and then it was off to Disneyland!! I made the boys pause for "The Picture" well almost. You have to wait in line and let a professional photographer take your picture straight on in front of the Mickey Mouse flowers, but we got a decent shot from the side :)
We were really happy that all the lines were no more than 15 minutes and many of them were less than 5 minutes! It was a great time of year to go. Maybe next time we can talk Larry into coming with us ;)
Brett loved that we really went into outer space on Space Mountain, but he was a little disappointed that we didn't see any aliens! He also loved being part of a real-live Buzz lightyear game. He told me that he wasn't scared at all on Splash Mountain, but I think his face painted a different picture. The line was non-existent on that ride so the boys wanted to go twice!
Austin was fortunate enough to get picked as a Jedi Knight in training. He's such a lucky duck. He got in trouble at school and Larry was really tempted to make him stay home from the trip, but I talked him into letting Austin go and we settled on that Austin would not be able to get a souvenir from the trip. But, Austin got chosen to be a Jedi so he got a certificate from that and of course I couldn't resist buying him a picture that the Disney photographers took up close of him fighting Darth Maul. He also figured out that the balloon guy didn't actually charge for balloons--he worked for tips. So Austin brought his 50 cents that he had in his pocket and got balloon animals out of it. He also talked every Disney worker he came across into giving him a souvenir pin. So he didn't get an official souvenir, but he didn't come home empty handed by any means...only Austin!
Bailey was excited to find Minnie Mouse Clips for her hair :)
Brett & Luke chose light up Mickey Mouse Ears for their souvenirs. They were really excited when they realized that they could have their names stitched on the back! That gave Wayne the idea that he could get a baseball cap and have his name stitched on it. He finally found the perfect hat and then had "Chipper" engraved on his hat.
We went home to take a nap during the day so that we had enough energy to close down the park. Our plan almost worked...Brett fell asleep first and Austin finally gave up just before mid-night. Wayne and Luke were of course up, rearing, and ready to go a few more hours if they had the option! Wayne and Luke took advantage of Brett being asleep and put gold fish crackers in his mouth and ears! We ate dinner at McDonald's before we came back. I fed our family for $18 which would have only fed maybe 2 people inside the park! Only problem...I ordered a plain cheeseburger for Luke, meaning just cheese and meat (which I specified) and instead we got a "Cheeseburger--No Cheese!" Last time I checked they had a name for that....hamburger!! I sent a text with the picture of the order to my dad because he has a long standing joke that he and his football buddies used to go into this hamburger joint that was owned and operated by an Asian gentleman and they used to Order Cheeseburger--no cheese, just to hear the man repeat the order! I got a good laugh because of that story when I saw the order slip actually said, "Cheeseburger--No Cheese."
The really cool part about going this time of year was that everything was decked out for Christmas. I was amazed at how the Small World ride was transformed to be a Christmas Around the World theme. They even incorporated christmas music into the ride! Larry was a little sad when I told him that he was missing the haunted house being transformed for Jack Skellington! It was pretty cool :)
We missed Bruce on our trip. I really wanted to squeeze him! But he had a great time hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment